A North Pole Santa School is a unique opportunity for a group of your local Santas, Mrs. Claus, Elves and other Christmas characters to join together for a quality one–day learning experience from an experienced, professional Santa Claus.
The concept is very simple — the teacher (me, Santa John Chilson) comes to you for a one–day school anytime from August through early November. You do the organizing and promotion and attendees save money and travel time. This also helps keep the costs low for everyone.
There is no charge for my time other than my travel expenses — airfare, hotel, meals, taxi, etc. and the expenses related to hosting the school — school location rental, school promotion, school snacks and lunch, and student's books (10.00 each, includes shipping to one location).
There are ways you can reduce these expenses — someone can pick me up at the airport, someone might invite me to stay in their guest bedroom, someone can invite me for a meal. All these things will save money for all the students.
This is a list of what should happen to make your school a success. Don’t be put off because it looks like a big job. It really isn’t and I will help you any way I can. Just ask.
1. Contact other Santas in your area (within 250 miles) about scheduling a North Pole Santa School.
2. Contact me to “pencil” in your date on my calendar.
3. Reserve your location.
4. Calculate your registration cost to cover your expenses
5. Start taking registrations for students. I can email you a form. You should collect a 50% non–refundable retainer with each registration. For $25 I can set up a website to take registrations and collect deposits which are automatically sent to your PayPal.
6. Let me know when you are ready to commit and your date will be locked in.
7. Post the date and location and cost of your North Pole Santa School on various Facebook pages. I will also post it on my pages and websites.
8. Coordinate with me on travel arrangements. You will make and pay for the final reservations for air travel and hotel. I travel from Longmont, Colorado and either fly out of the Denver Airport or take Amtrak from Denver.
This worksheet will help you estimate the total cost of the school and the registration fee you should charge.